Customized Risk Management Services
Medical Protective offers a variety of risk management services provided as a part of your insurance coverage. These benefits can be utilized at your discretion and are designed to meet your unique needs.
We believe that a strong risk management program is capable of reducing harm towards patients and protecting you from liability losses. Through these services, we strive to increase your awareness of risks and patient safety, assist in prioritizing key issues for action and work with you to demonstrate measurable improvement. We look forward to working with you.
Your Clinical Risk Management Consulting Team Provides:
- On-site visit(s) and risk surveys – Comprehensive risk assessment(s) are available within the first 90 days of policy effective date. You can schedule other visits and targeted clinical area surveys at your discretion. This allows us to learn more about your risk management program while identifying your service needs and opportunities for improvement in high risk areas.
- Review of policies, procedures and forms, as needed;
- Consultative advice by telephone, email or fax, regarding healthcare risk management issues;
- Literature on risk topics related to your healthcare setting or specialty; and
- Educational programs on current or emerging risks and/or tailored to meet your specific your needs.
Dynamic Risk Management Tools
- Risk Academy Library is an online database of risk management information available on the Medical Protective website at www.medpro.com. To view, register as a new member in the top right corner.
- Protector is a publication that focuses on emerging risk issues. Each edition contains articles on health care and analysis of medical professional liability claims for organizations and various specialties. Issues are available via the website and in PDF format.
- Risk Tips is distributed via email on a quarterly basis, highlighting current risk issues and proactive strategies.
- Risk Reviews is distributed via email on a quarterly basis. It analyzes real world claims to identify risk management strategies that might have prevented an unfavorable outcome.
- Self-assessment tools such as a physician practice assessment are located in our continually expanding online library to evaluate clinical and high-risk exposures (HIPAA and EMTALA).Your Clinical Risk Consultant is available to discuss your outcome results and provide additional insight and direction. (Results are only seen by you unless you provide the information for discussion purposes.)
- Clinical risk management reference manuals on www.medpro.com provide valuable risk management resources for hospital-based and clinic-based physician practices.
- Webinars are educational web/audio conferences, accessible online. They focus on proactive clinical risk management strategies for both hospital and physician practices (library of webinars is located on the website).