Dental & Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
MedPro was founded by doctors in 1899. For over a century, doctors have been involved in every key aspect of MedPro's organization: claims, underwriting, risk management and patient safety/protection. Their involvement has improved the healthcare delivery of more than a million healthcare providers throughout the years; however, given today's rapidly changing healthcare environment, we are not satisfied to rest on our laurels. Accordingly, MedPro has recently established 16 specialty boards comprised exclusively of established doctors who are experts in their specialties.
Dental Specialty Advisory Board overview
Leon "Stan" Stanislav, DDS, graduated from the University of Iowa School of Dentistry in 1977. He spent two years in the U.S. Navy Dental Corps prior to beginning private practice in Clarksville, TN, where he still practices today. Throughout his career, Dr. Stanislav has been very involved in organized dentistry. He currently is the immediate past president of the Tennessee Dental Association (TDA), the past president of the TDA Council on Insurance, the past president of the Tennessee Academy of General Dentistry (TNAGD), and chairman of the TDA Insurance Agency.
Joel L. Rosenlicht, DMD graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University Dental School in 1975 and acquired his residency experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry and Tufts University School of Medicine. He built a successful private practice in Manchester, CT, where he currently practices full time. Among many professional affiliations, he served as president of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in 2011, and the chief of the oral surgery department at the Eastern Connecticut Health Network from 2004-2008. Dr. Rosenlicht is the chair of the MedPro Dental Advisory Board.
Robert A. Strauss, DDS, MD graduated from the University of Buffalo School of Dentistry in 1979. He acquired his residency experience in anesthesiology and oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Michael Reese Medical Center in Chicago. He has a background in academics and private practice, and has served as the director of the oral and maxillofacial surgery residency training program at Virginia Commonwealth University/MCV Hospitals in Richmond, VA since 1993. Among his involvement in many professional associations, he is the current vice president of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, a past president of the Virginia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and a fellow of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
William Bennett, RPh, MD, DMD completed his orthodontics residency at the University of Colorado in February 2013 and is currently in private practice at Foundations Orthodontics in Rome, GA. Prior to dental school, Dr. Bennett received his M.D. from the Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine in 2005 and his B.S. from the University of Georgia College of Pharmacy in 1999. While in dental school, Dr. Bennett was active with the American Student Dental Association and held several national leadership positions.
Edward "Joe" Waller, Jr., DDS, JD graduated from Saint Louis University School of Dentistry in 1969. He practiced dentistry for 16 years until returning to St. Mary's University School of Law and graduating with his JD in 1990. He currently is an attorney at Brin & Brin in San Antonio where he practices in the area of dental and medical malpractice defense and representation before state dental and medical boards.
Jason Watts Jason Watts is a new-to-practice dentist. He recently graduated from Nova Southeastern University where he earned his DMD. He completed his undergraduate education at Florida State University. During his time in school, he was heavily involved in the American Student Dental Association (ASDA).
dentists & oral and maxillofacial surgeons across the country and has been protecting dentists & oral and maxillofacial surgeons like you since 1899.
Dental & Oral Surgery
TRIAL WIN RATE
Dental & Oral Surgery Claims
CLOSED WITHOUT PAYMENT
Procedures in treatment-related claims
Top risk factors in treatment-related claims
Risk Reduction Strategies
Situations in which our risk management expertise is there for you:
- Dealing with an adverse event or outcome
- Managing your dental records
- Navigating treatment when child custody is involved
- When to refer to a specialist
- Dealing with a disgruntled patient
- Managing a noncompliant patient
Risk management resources
MedPro insures thousands of specialty physicians and dentists across the country and is committed to providing top-notch risk management products and services, including:
- Dedicated risk management consultants who provide timely and meaningful support and guidance.
- A series of at-a-glance FAQ documents that offer succinct and concise information, strategies and resources.
- A convenient online risk management library that includes both broad and specialty-specific publications and resources.
- Closed claims analyses of dental/oral surgery cases, which provide risk-reduction strategies specific to this practice setting.
- ACCME-accredited educational opportunities, including in-person customized presentations that meet the needs of individual groups.
- Online risk courses offered through MedPro's vendor relationship with Medical Risk Management, Inc.
- On-site clinical risk assessments coordinated with a risk management consultant. Following assessments, insureds receive a written report that includes specific, evidence-based, risk-reduction strategies and recommendations based on both industry standards and guidance from MedPro's Dental/Oral Surgery Advisory Board.
- Risk-reduction products and services at discounted prices through MedPro's strategic vendor relationships. Products include:
- Interpreter and translator services
- More than 75 dental- and oral surgery-related informed consent templates
- Test tracking and follow-up monitoring
"I am grateful for your support from day one. Throughout the ordeal I was constantly amazed and impressed with your team's understanding and control of the process. I believe the approach was flawless. Prior to trial, my defense counsel prepared enough to totally discredit their expert witness and the plaintiff. He was constantly helpful in guiding me through this stressful experience and helped focus my efforts towards assisting in my own defense. I am completely satisfied and feel that I enjoyed the best outcome possible. Your effort is appreciated."
MedPro Insured Dentist
"I would like to express my appreciation regarding the defense provided to me by MedPro. My defense team was excellent throughout the entire stressful process of deposition, case preparation, and especially, the trial. They were thorough, well prepared and, most importantly, a constantly calming influence. Their calm demeanor masks what I can only describe as a chessmaster's tatical skill. I will be forever grateful for the efforts and skills used in my defense."
MedPro Insured Dentist